General Reference

Catalyst Deactivation 2001, Volume 139: Proceedings of the by J.J. Spivey, G.W. Roberts, B.H. Davis

By J.J. Spivey, G.W. Roberts, B.H. Davis

This court cases includes the papers offered on the ninth overseas Symposium on Catalyst Deactivation, held in Lexington, KY, united states, on 7-10 October 2001.

Show description

Read Online or Download Catalyst Deactivation 2001, Volume 139: Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium, Lexington, KY, USA, October 2001 PDF

Best general & reference books

Ethers, Crown Ethers, Hydroxyl Groups and their Sulphur Analogues: Volume 1 (1981)

Content material: bankruptcy 1 Synthesis of crown ethers and analogues (pages 1–57): Dale A. Laidler and J. Fraser StoddartChapter 2 Crown ethers–complexes and selectivity (pages 59–156): Fritz Vogtle and Edwin WeberChapter three natural alterations mediated via macrocyclic multidentate ligands (pages 157–174): Charles L.

A Festival of Chemistry Entertainments

This e-book, part of the yankee Chemical Society's Symposium sequence, is a set of a few pleasant bits of caprice and humor, either intentional and unintended, from the realm of chemistry. beneath these well-known white lab coats basically beat hearts which are able to find and having fun with the lighter aspect in their technological know-how.

Extra info for Catalyst Deactivation 2001, Volume 139: Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium, Lexington, KY, USA, October 2001

Sample text

SCI. , vol. 531. 4. M. Guisnet, P. Magnoux, Appl. , 54 (1989) 1. 5. M. Guisnet, P. Magnoux, D. Martin, Stud. Surf. Sci. , vol. 111 (1997) p. 1. 6. F. Froment, Stud. Surf. Sci. , vol. 53. 7. P. Magnoux, P. Cartraud, S. Mignard, M. Guisnet, J. , 106 (1987) 242. 8. S. Cerqueira, P. Ayrault, J. Datka, M. Guisnet, Micropor. Mesopor. , 38 (2000)197. 9. M. D. F. Howe, Stud. Surf. Sci. , vol. 651. 10. M. Bibby, R:F. D. McLellan, Appl. Catal. A, 93 (1992) 1. 11. B. Dimon, P. Cartraud, P. Magnoux, M. Guisnet, Appl.

The outlet gases were analyzed by an on line HewlettPackard 5890 II GC-chromatograph equipped with a Carboxen 100 packed column and a flame ionization detector (FID). =200 mg. 3. RESULTS AND DISCUSSION The powder X-ray diffraction patterns for the dried precursors correspond to a well crystallized material with a hydrotalcite-like structure. This fact indicates that highly homogenous precursors are obtained. The XRD results for the calcined oxides (Fig. 1) show diffraction peaks corresponding as much to a spinel-like phase as to metallic oxides such as nickel oxide.

5. Coke deposition on Cat-I. formation occurs rapidly at first and becomes increasingly slow as coke piles up. This behavior reflects the deactivating effect of coke on the coking reaction. Since the TEOM microbalance maintains temperature and the pressure time invariant, the mass balance equation for coke-on-catalyst can be described as [ 17] l dCk J , I i t I i i I f J I i L I = r0 0 (2) dt where Ck is the coke weight per unit catalyst weight at time t and ~ is the deactivation function. The initial coking rate r0 depends on temperature and the partial pressures of H2 and 12DCP and is a constant in a given microbalance experiment.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.38 of 5 – based on 48 votes