Autobiography

Autobiography of a Yogi, 2nd Edition: The Original 1946 by Paramhansa Yogananda

By Paramhansa Yogananda

One of many best a hundred non secular Books of the 20 th CenturyNew Bonus fabrics additional to this variation comprise The final bankruptcy that Yogananda wrote masking the years 1946-1951 that wasnot to be had within the unique version. The eulogy that Yogananda wrote for Gandhi. a brand new afterword by way of Swami Kriyananda, certainly one of Yogananda's closest disciples.This is a brand new variation, that includes formerly unavailable fabric, of actual spiritualclassic, Autobiography of a Yogi one of many best-selling japanese philosophytitles of all-time, with thousands of copies offered, named the most effective and mostinfluential books of the twentieth century.This hugely prized verbatim reprinting of the unique 1946 variation is theONLY one on hand loose from textual alterations made after Yoganandas death.This up-to-date variation comprises bonus fabrics, together with a final bankruptcy thatYogananda himself wrote in 1951, 5 years after the booklet of the firstedition. it's the merely model of this bankruptcy on hand with no posthumouschanges.Yogananda used to be the 1st yoga grasp of India whose challenge it used to be to liveand educate within the West. His first-hand account of his existence studies comprises childhoodrevelations, tales of his visits to saints and masters in India, and long-secretteachings of Self-realization that he made to be had to the Western reader.

Show description

Read or Download Autobiography of a Yogi, 2nd Edition: The Original 1946 Edition plus Bonus Material PDF

Best autobiography books

Falling Leaves Return to Their Roots: The True Story of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter

The tale of an undesirable chinese language daughter becoming up through the Communist Revolution, blamed for her mother's demise, missed by means of her millionaire father and undesirable by means of her Eurasian step mom. a narrative of greed, hatred and jealousy; a household dramais performed opposed to the intense political occasions in China and Hong Kong.

Prisoner 1082: Escape From Crumlin Road, Europe's Alcatraz

On 26 December 1960 Donal Donnelly made his dramatic get away from the felony often called ""Europe's Alcatraz"". utilizing hack-saw blades, torn sheets and electrical cable, Donal broke out of Crumlin highway criminal, operating the gauntlet of searchlights, alarms and machine-gun nests. 3 years previous, the teenage Donal have been convicted of club within the IRA through the first 12 months of ""Operation Harvest"", and used to be sentenced to 10 years.

On the Fringes of History

Within the Nineteen Fifties expert historians claiming to concentrate on tropical Africa have been not more than a handful. The educating of global heritage used to be restrained to highschool classes, or even these concerned with eu historical past. Philip Curtin built a legitimate technique for instructing international historical past and, continually a debatable determine, revived the learn of the historical past of the Atlantic slave exchange.

No Hero: The Evolution of a Navy SEAL

The second one ebook through former military SEAL Mark Owen, following his multimillion-copy vintage concerning the bin encumbered project No effortless Day, within which he tells the tales from his occupation that have been such a lot own to him and that made him the operator and the individual he's today.

While Mark Owen’s fast ny instances bestseller No effortless Day fascinated with the high-profile ambitions and headline-grabbing chapters of the author’s profession, No Hero may be an account of the main in my opinion significant missions from Owen’s 13 years as a SEAL, together with the moments during which he discovered the main approximately himself and his teammates, in either luck and failure.

Mark Owen describes his intentions for his moment ebook most sensible: i need No Hero to provide anything so much books on struggle don’t: the intimate facet of it, the private struggles and hardships and what I realized from them. The tales in No Hero can be a testomony to my teammates and to all of the different energetic and previous SEALs who've committed their lives to freedom. In our neighborhood, we're always taught to mentor the more youthful new release and to move the teachings and values we’ve discovered directly to others as a way to do an analogous to the fellows arising after them. this is often what I plan to do for the reader of No Hero. ”

Every bit as action-packed as No effortless Day, and that includes tales from the educational flooring to the battlefield, No Hero deals readers an extraordinary close-up view of the reports and values that make Mark Owen and the boys he served with in a position to executing the missions we examine within the headlines.

Additional info for Autobiography of a Yogi, 2nd Edition: The Original 1946 Edition plus Bonus Material

Example text

His own face was always serious, yet touched with an ecstatic smile. His large, lotus eyes held a hidden divine laughter. " The sage indicated several thick envelopes on a table. "I correspond with a few societies there whose members are interested in yoga. They are discovering India anew, with a better sense of direction than Columbus! I am glad to help them. The knowledge of yoga is free to all who will receive, like the ungarnishable daylight. "What rishis perceived as essential for human salvation need not be diluted for the West.

Please, Father, think of me as tiger tamer and never as tiger killer. How could my good actions bring ill upon me? '" Chandi and I were all attention, understanding the past dilemma. In India a child does not lightly disobey his parents' wishes. "In stoic silence Father listened to my explanation. He followed it with a disclosure which he uttered gravely. "'Son, you compel me to relate an ominous prediction from the lips of a saint. He approached me yesterday as I sat on the veranda in my daily meditation.

Take the dignity of hoary India for your shield. " 43 1 Methods of controlling life-force through regulation of breath. Back to text 2 The foremost ancient exponent of yoga. Back to text 3 French professors were the first in the West to be willing to scientifically investigate the possibilities of the superconscious mind. " M. Jules-Bois explained that the awakening of the higher consciousness "was not to be confused with Coueism or hypnotism. " The French scientist pointed out that from the superconsciousness come inspiration, genius, moral values.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.60 of 5 – based on 47 votes