Economy

141 West Jackson: A Journey Through Trading Discoveries by J. Peter Steidlmayer

By J. Peter Steidlmayer

None

Show description

Read Online or Download 141 West Jackson: A Journey Through Trading Discoveries PDF

Best economy books

Financing and Advising: Optimal Financial Contracts withVenture Capitalists

This paper analyses the joint provision of e¡ort by means of an entrepreneur and through an consultant to enhance the productiveness of an funding undertaking. with no ethical risk, it really is optimum that either exert e¡ort. With ethical danger, if the entrepreneur's e¡ort is extra e⁄cient (less high priced) than the advisor's e¡ort, the latter isn't employed if she doesn't offer cash.

Game Theory and Economic Analysis: A Quiet Revolution in Economics

This publication offers the large number of present contributions of online game concept to economics. The awesome contributions fall generally into different types. a few lay out in a jargon unfastened demeanour a specific department of the speculation, the evolution of 1 of its options, or an issue, that runs via its improvement.

The Value Motive: The Only Alternative to the Profit Motive

Our industry approach has developed according to capitalist philosophy, and at its middle is revenue. yet whereas revenue could be a robust intent, it's not consistently used responsibly and, within the worst instances, this may have destructive results at a much broader point. The demands a company sense of right and wrong develop louder, yet nobody has but instructed an alternative choice to revenue that folks locate as compelling.

Regional Financial Cooperation

Utilizing the adventure of postwar Western Europe as a benchmark, this booklet assesses how nearby monetary associations can assist constructing nations - frequently at an obstacle in the worldwide monetary framework - finance their funding wishes, counteract the volatility of non-public capital flows, and make their voices heard.

Extra resources for 141 West Jackson: A Journey Through Trading Discoveries

Sample text

In Figure 1II-2, the width of the profile MARKET DISCIPLINE, BACKGROUND, AND EFFICIENCY 3 Figure 111-3. 2 1 2 31 3 The Bell Curve gives a clear indication of the horizontal movement of the mar­ ket. If the market spends its time in a small range, the result will be a short, wide profile, in which the horizontal aspect predomi­ nates. A fast-moving, directional market will create a long, nar­ row profile in which the vertical clearly predominates. ) This brings out the vertical dimensionality of the market, in con­ trast to "1" through "y" periods on that day.

Has there been any change in its condition in the past week? If so, what? What type of opportunity is it? What is the best way to trade it? How can we tell if we are right or wrong? These types of questions need to be answered in order to be successful, and this book will provide the basis for doing so. Successful traders have always done this subjectively, so it is not an impos­ sible goal. Objectivity, which can only come from a complete understanding of what we're doing and what we're working with, will allow more traders to achieve the same goal.

When I started out, I traded all the commodities that were offered by the exchange, rather than just one. I noticed one day when I was standing in the corn pit that there was a loud roar coming from the soybean pit, and that runners were scurrying to the brokers. The floor was totally focused on the attempt to move the market higher. 52 a bushel. About 45 minutes later, I noticed that the price wasn't any higher than it had been when all the activity started. It seemed to me that all the king's horses and all the king's men could not make the market go higher.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.92 of 5 – based on 43 votes